EXECUTIVE SHORT PROGRAM
Mastering Digital Business Models
From design to responsible governance
100% in English
8 ECTS credits
This Executive Short program will give you deep understanding of how value is generated in the digital world on a platform based approach. Mastering Digital Business Models is an essential ingredient to tackle digital transformation and start creating innovative strategies for your business.
ESSEC professors have designed this program to provide managers with an expertise in platform-based approach in order to master digital business models.
This 100% online Short Program will provide solid strategic foundations along with operational skills for managers whose businesses are undergoing a digital transformation.
- 100% online lectures
- Teamwork (top-level peer learning)
- Individual academic coach
Follow-up & evaluation
- Evaluation & feedback
- Video projects
- Activity files & materials
English: minimum TOEIC SCORE 785 or B2 on the Common European Framework of reference
Candidates must have some notions of digital technologies.
Dr. Julien Malaurent is Professor of Information Systems at ESSEC since 2013. Julien’s research projects are based on qualitative approaches (case study and action research), and address issues related to the work practices of users embedded in multi-cultural context, digital ubiquity, digital transformation at both the organizational and societal levels. In terms of methodology and epistemology, Julien’s research projects stress the importance of reflexivity toward the use of theoretical framework and interpretation empirical datasets.
Laurent holds a PhD in Economics and a PhD in Political Philosophy. His research is based on this twofold education – questioning management from a philosophical perspective, and exploring philosophical thoughts through management experiences and practices. His most recent research focuses on organizational vigilance interpreted as the organizational conditions favouring collective as well as individual mindfulness on one hand, and gender relations on the other hand. Laurent practices what he teaches.
Thomas Kude is an Associate Professor of Information Systems at ESSEC Business School. In his research, he is interested in the development and application of information systems at various levels of analysis. His recent research has primarily focused on digital innovation produced by collectives of organizations and individuals. For example, he has studied the governance and evolution of digital platforms and ecosystems in different domains, including enterprise software and mobile apps. He has also studied collaboration in teams, in particular software development teams. His work has appeared or is forthcoming in various IS journals including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, and Information Systems Journal.
Master the fundamentals of technological innovation
- • Explore the fourth technological revolution and its consequences
- • Define the steps involved in a technological innovation from macro and micro perspectives
- • Position your business and activities to successfully navigate the exponential curve
Understand the digital ecosystems and the opportunities they offer
- • Define a digital platform and a digital ecosystem
- • Analyse different platforms: one-sided and multi-sided platforms. Create a business model canvas in a digital environment.
- • Learn how to monetise a digital platform (understand the importance of the network effect and value co-creation)
- • Understand how to efficiently govern and manage a platform.
Learn the principles of responsible governance
- • Understand AI and Big Data-related technologies.
- • Embrace a responsible governance of digital business models
- • Question and understand the scope of the socioeconomic power of GAFAM and BATX
Perfect for those who want to boost or change their career with a certificate from a pioneering management school.
May 16th, 2024
100% in English
€3,480 All tax. Incl
May 9th, 2024
8 ECTS credits